Uruguay - Aquí vengo! Here I come!

 Familia y Amigos(as)-


In just a few days, I'll be heading to Montevideo and Salto Uruguay as phase 3 of my Fulbright fellowship journey! It's been an amazing year of growth, both personally and professionally, and I'm excited to continue learning in South America throughout June.


The focus of my Teacher Global Classroom Fulbright program is to provide training, experience abroad, and course work that encourages teachers (and in this case, me) to bring more international perspectives to my classroom and school. I truly thought I was already doing this in my classroom, but after this program, I realize I had much to learn and still do!

Next fall I will launch my website with comprehensive tools, resources and personal experiences. For now, I'm adding to my toolbox by immersing myself in Uruguayan culture and Spanish language. Heading to Uruguay this week is what my cohort and I have been working towards all school year. We are a group of 16 from all over the United States from tiny rural schools to extremely large urban schools.


The last few weeks have been busy communicating with our colleagues in Uruguay and prepping to go. We'll be taking some school supplies, gifts from each our states (I am brining lots of Huckleberry goodies, of course) and postcards from our students to pass out at the schools we visit.

On a personal note - instead of putting away my winter clothes as we do this time of year in Montana, I put them in my suitcase! We'll be heading back to winter weather in South America!


We'll land in Uruguay after 26 hours of flying this coming Sunday. If you’d like to join me in learning more about Uruguayan life and schools, follow along with me on this blog. I'll also share pictures on social media of Instagram and Facebook.


I'll do my best to post a daily entry and I hope lots of videos! (Not sure how the wifi will be as we travel.)

For now, if you'd like to take a peek at my itinerary, it's attached via a link. We'll have action packed days!


Next post will be from South America!!!

Here's our Montevideo Schedule and Salto Schedule !




#Fulbright #FulbrightProgram


Comments

  1. Your students are so lucky to have you. The world is a better place because you are in it. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear about the impact that "the Uruguayan lives" will have on you. I am equally excited to hear about the impact that you will have on Uruguayan lives. Be the light.....Ful and Bright. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School Visits Start!

Full Days ~ Educational Awesomeness!